Course Learning Goals:
- Personal Finance: I can develop my own short- and long-term goals to guide my Financial Planning and Money Management Skill Building.
- Fundamentals of Business: I can use appropriate business language to describe/evaluate business structures, opportunities and ethics in both local and international settings
- Functions of Business: I can identify and explain the importance of all the major areas of running a business; ranging from product design and Production through to Sales, Advertising and Financial record keeping.
- Entrepreneurship: I can view challenges as opportunities and use my own entrepreneurial traits and skills to develop an idea into a business concept.
BBI is the foundation courses for all future business classes. It begins with a one month focus on Personal Finance and Money Management then moves on to cover Accounting, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Human Resources, Law, International Business and Business Fundamentals. Offered in both Grades 9 and 10, it can only be taken once for credit.
'Like' RSB on Facebook
Follow @rossschoolofbus on Twitter
Fall 2018 Semester Resources
Day 1 Slideshow
Unit 1 - Personal Finance and Money Management
- Counterfeit Detection Resources
- Personal Finance Slideshow
- Tool for Choosing a Bank Account
- Comparison Shopping Project
- Budget Project
- Sample Budget Project (Hicken's Sample)
- Student Sample (Good project - only missing Tuition figure for school)
- Ontario Energy Board bill calculator
- Jr. Stock Market Contest.
- Click here to join our class game. Game password is "rsbroyals"
- Alternatively, Click here and read the document on joining/trading.
- See in class instructions on Trading. Watch as many of the videos as you wish.
- You must execute 25 trades by the end of the contest (April 18th, 2020) for full marks. There will be a winner for each class and an overall course winner.
- Tax Rates - Federal and Provincial
- Online Risk Profile Quiz
- Retirement Lifestyle Quiz
- Financial Knowledge Quizzes
- Format: 40 M/C and T/F, 10 Matching and Advising on Investments, 13 Assessing Income and Credit Worthiness (3C's), 3 Bonus Marks - Counterfeit Detection
Unit 2 - Business Fundamentals
- Business Fundamentals Slideshow
- Unit 2 Notes (to be filled in using above Slideshow)
- Franchise Project handout
- Culture Coaches (Project details - ignore the 'presentation' stuff' - this is hand-in only)
- Unit 2 Test Details
- 65 MC/TF based on terms in Review package and 1 Supply/Demand graph with Market Equilibrium graphed on it already.
- Short Answer questions based on taking a Canadian Franchise of your choice and expanding it to a country of your choice.
- Review and Review Answer Key
Unit 4 - Entrepreneurship
Sherway Gardens Trip
- Exam Format - 100 Multiple Choice questions.
- Approximately 85 will be drawn from review package (above)
- There will be a balance sheet and income statement
- There will also be a reading with questions