Grade 11 Entrepreneurship: The Venture
BDI introduces the concepts of the Successful Entrepreneur. Idea generation, Business Planning, Funding Sources, Operations, and Marketing are among the concepts covered. We run a class business with support from Junior Achievement Guelph-Wellington and students will write individual business plans for their own business ideas.
Day 1 Slideshow
Unit 1 - Starting our Business
- Unit 1 Slideshow
- TrendSpotting Project
- Product Pitch Suggested presentation format
- Business Plan Slideshow (Unit 2 pretty well the rest of the course really)
- Parliamentary Rules/Procedures for Meetings
- Board of Directors Meeting - Agenda for Business Plan Meetings
Greatest Canadian Invention - Video and Worksheet
- Link for Invention List
- Business Idea worksheet: What will my Venture Be Like?
- Summer Company Yearbook links - Great for finding ideas!
- Mindomo Mind Map/Biz Plan - Login via UGCloud and use Business template - Business Plan. When complete, save as a Normal Map and Export a .pdf document.
- Business Plan Template (Generic Business)
- Checklist for a Business Plan
- Business Plan Appendices
- Business Plan Peer Evaluation & Rubric
- Summer Co Business Plan - Use this if you think you'd like to Apply for Funding
- Business Plan Wizard
- Opens in its own window
- Remember that it creates a "Save File" that downloads to your computer
- To open a plan once you begin, you must use the "Resume Previous Session" button and upload the save file.
- Produces an excellent business plan and reviews all course material, but is a bit cartoony
- Paper "Doc" Template for people who just want to type it out.
- Appendices Resources:
- Social Media Generator (so you don't have to create real accounts)
- Floor Planning - 3D Blueprint
- Posters/Flyers: Canva (choose student/teacher and sign in with Google)
- Google Drawing (via ugCloud)
- Lucidpress (also sign in with Google)
- Websites: Google Sites (via ugCloud) Wix (sign in with Google)
- Logo Generator (my preference is that you create your own)
- Sample Contracts
Business Plan Resources:
Read these two articles:
- Cape Lakeside Project Overview
- Digital Summer Co Business Plan
- Exemplar Presentation showing 'extras' like location, advertising...
Exam Review Materials
- Exam will feature a combination of Scantron (True/False-Multiple Choice) as well as a Case students will read ahead of time and answer questions on during the exam.
- Students will be given the reading on the last day of class and may highlight/make notes on the case and bring it to the exam.
- Exam is 1.5 hours long and counts for a 10% weight.
Exam Review Package with Sample questions